SAP Extended Warehouse Management (EWM)
SAP EWM is a software product that gives firms the ability to control warehouse processes and manage movements in the warehouse, mitigate problems and issues with enhanced warehouse efficiency, and transform operations into an adaptive fulfillment supply chain that can share its resources
SAP EWM offers you flexible, automated support with processing various goods movement and managing stock in your warehouse. The system supports you with planned and efficient processing of all logistics processes in your warehouse complex.
- With SAP EWM system you can:
- Maximize visibility and control in high-volume warehouses
- Support a full range of warehouse processes
- Optimize warehouse resource and asset utilization
- Manage item movement within warehouses – from goods receipt to issue
- Run on SAP HANA to handle throughput of up to one million items per day
- Leverage sophisticated features that can scale as you grow
- Some highlights of EWM:
- New transport routing for real multi-step material transfer due to floor layout or process needs, including single steps executed by a 3rd party.
- EWM manages the financial and the physical ownership of the stock flexibly which is of great interest for logistics service providers.
- Packing, value-adding services or kitting take place at work-centers that are fully integrated into the new transport routing.
- Individual processes for mobile data entry can be designed very efficiently and ergonomically using the RF-framework.
- EWM covers the whole operative logistics processes including an improved integration of yard management.